Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Iverson Tradition- Bair Gutsman 2009

My brother Chad, my brother Brad and his friend Ed.


Can you believe it? I ended up 1st place for the women and 7th overall. I even got to break the tape at the finish line! My "winnings" included a sterling silver beer stein and a gift certificate to Striders for a pair of shoes. For the first time in a few years I didn't get terrible side aches on the run down and was actually able to run like I wanted and overall felt really good. Such a fun experience.

14 comments:

McCall said...

I can definitely believe that you won 1st place!

Kris said...

Of course I can believe it! You are amazing. I want to know more about this race...length, shoe styles and where? I've been meaning to call and get some tips on speed training...lots of people can walk faster than I am running.

Sue said...

Way to go Care! I'm not surprised that you took 1st place. :) Congrats!

Lisa said...

Awesome Job!

Kendra said...

Wow!! 1st place for the girls.....I am IMPRESSED!!

Haguewood Family said...

You Rock! I'm glad you decided to put the hurt on.

Niederfam said...

Congratulations!!! I really am so proud!!!! And bonus that you felt good too!!!! ;)

Circe said...

You crazy runner! Nicely done. You always were a kick butt kinda girl!

Allie and Reed said...

Carrie, you are amazing! I hear that is the toughest race, so I guess that makes you the toughest chic ever. Congrats! (by the way, this is Allie Vettori Edwards)

Mortimer Family said...

Congrats!! What a fun tradition. Glad you had a good experience. It's always nice when you can run without all of the little annoying aches and pains.

Mylissa 2 said...

Carrie you are the woman! Congrats on another win, you are my idol!!!

cragun family said...

You rock! Way to go girl!!!

The Carlii said...

What can I say besides you are the COOLEST!!

Taunya said...

After the race my mom called to tell me that you won. That is awesome! I am always amazed by your determination.