Sunday, March 23, 2008

Everything But Yellow Jellybeans

This weekend we tried Peeps. Loved them, mostly because they were pink. We had fistfuls of M & M's. A few cinnamon bunnies. Plenty of Cadbury Mini Eggs. A Hershey kiss there, and a Reese's peanut butter cup there. If it was candy it pretty much ended up eaten. We did not lack for sugar. But in the middle of sacrament meeting we found the one thing that Romy DOES NOT LIKE. Yellow jellybeans. All of a sudden she got that look in her eye that what went in was about to come back out- into her hand and then into mine. All the while she is saying "Ewey ewey, gross!" And to top it off she then wiped the yellow-brown goo on her Easter dress. Lovely. Despite this fun little discovery, we had a great time Easter Eggin'!



Mimi and Papa (Mason's parents) had a little scavenger hunt that led the kiddos to brand new swimsuits. Which for those of you who don't know Romy, she lives in her swimsuit so she loved her new "ruffle" one. We have talks where I tell her that "today is a going out day so we have to wear clothes." Otherwise we are dancing in our swimsuit all the day long.

My cute sister-in-law and our baby girls... born 3 weeks apart.

Romy and her G-pa


It was then on to the Iverson's for some serious egg hunting... like major bushwhacking in the mountains! My mom had gone up the canyon near their house and hid all the adult's eggs. It was a riot! The funniest part was finding eggs from last year that still had dollar bills in them! Wahoo!

8 comments:

Niederfam said...

Ewww...GROSS, I'm not a fan of jelly beans either, actually! It was a FUN Easter weekend. Glad your mom made you work for your eggs. ;)

Haguewood Family said...

I knew I shouldn't have bailed on sacrament meeting! Your kids are so cute. Romy is one of a kind!

Mylissa 2 said...

It so good to see you guys. I love the yellow jelly beans story, Romy is my favorite! I can't believe how big Ivy is she is so adorable, I didn't know you and Mason could have a chunky monkey!!!!

The Quist Family said...

Your girls are SOO cute. I must agree on the jelly beens. Not a fan. She's my kinds of girl!

The Carlii said...

I love it! That totally sounds like something Mia would do--you can always tell when something is about to come back out! Romy is getting so big and cute & I can't believe Ivy is approaching a year old!

cragun family said...

That is so much fun you do an adult hunt! What a cute family! I sure love Romy and Ivy, we need to get together again soon!

TeamDall said...

I can't even imagine hunting for eggs at the mouth of the canyon. Fun, fun!

Who says fun fun, that's lame.

Rachel von said...

Carrie and Mason! I am so happy I found your blog through other random people. Who would have known you can find anyone through reading other people's list of favorite blogs! You're pics are so cute. We are way behind on the blogging bandwagon but will have one up soon, so we'll let you know when it happens. We are glad to see things are going well for you guys!