Monday, December 8, 2008

Our Weekend in the Big City

For Mason's birthday this month we decided, or rather he decided, it would be fun to go to Salt Lake for a night and then Christmas shop the next day. So he booked us a room at the Grand America, got dinner reservations at The Roof, and then 10th row tickets to the Jazz game. Let's just say the guy knows how to celebrate his birthday!!!


Our view at dinner... not too shabby!

After shopping most of the day Saturday, we picked up the girls from my parents and returned to SL to watch the Aggies take on the Cougs at the Energy Solutions arena. Despite the support of our crazy/awesome/out of control student section, the Cougs squeaked out a win over our boys. Afterwards we met up with friends and family (along with most of Cache and Utah Valley) to ooh and ahh at the Temple Square lights.


Go Aggies!!!



Romy was having a "moment" so we all decided to join in her grumpiness.

10 comments:

McCall said...

ha ha! You even got Ivy to make a grump face!

Sue said...

What a fun b-day! All the girls look great in their coats and hats - you gals are babes and Mason is one lucky guy. :)

Mortimer Family said...

I love The Roof restaurant, it's one of my favorites. I eat there almost every time I'm in SLC. Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Brett and Marianne said...

Next year Mason is planning my birthday celebration! He knows how the CELEBRATE!

Emily said...

Gotta love the birthdays that benefit you as well!! Looks like so much fun! Happy Birthday Mason!

Mylissa 2 said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Happy Birthday Mason!

Tara said...

Go Mason! I always think it is more fun to plan my birthday too. Then I know exactly what is going to happen and I am never disappointed.

Anonymous said...

We were at Temple Square last weekend too!!

Don't you just love The Roof?? The foods great, but the view & the atmosphere are even better. Glad you had a fun weekend!!

Happy Birthday Mason!!

hmilne said...

Happy Birthday Mason! Looks like you had fun celebrating! Care, check your email, I am desperate!

nich, nic, and keags! said...

hey carrie,
i love the grumpy picture...too cute! looks like mason had a fantastic birthday!
Happy Birthday Mason!