Monday, February 2, 2009

Where's My Award?

I did three things today that made me pat myself on the back:

1- I did my intended Monday workout (3 miles on treadmill, 1600 yds swim). 75 percent of the time I slack on Mondays and either sleep in or only do a portion of what I intended.

2- I kept Romy occupied for 1 1/2 hours making Valentine's cards (mostly on her own) and she loved it. This is a very big deal for my little girl who LOVES to be within eye sight of me most of the time.

3- I prepared BEFOREHAND, a Family Home Evening lesson on prayer, complete with visual aides, a song and scripture. Since going into Sunbeams, Romy has really starting to get into learning about basic church topics.



The only thing I couldn't do today? Get my girls to wear their clothes for the above-mentioned FHE. This was Romy's game idea: Crazy Paper Plates and Bowls. All you have to do is throw as many paper plates or bowls as you can on the floor and then go crazy in them! Get it? It's easy and fun!

5 comments:

Niederfam said...

I think we'll have to try that one!!!!! GOOD for you!!! Check, check and CHECK, nicely done.

Taunya said...

Way to go! Too bad I can't say the same for myself.

Brett and Marianne said...

Pat yourself on your back for me! Good job!

Kris said...

Love it!My favorite FHE was when our son (who was a Sr.) gave a lesson on what to do if a typhoon hit Smithfield. It was...original.

Sue said...

You truly are superwoman aren’t you? I’d always suspected but now I know for sure! :)