A friend asked that I post what I've been reading lately, so here goes:
Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand (Excellent book. Nonfictional story that was very entertaining as well as informative.)
1,000 Splendid Suns, by Khaled Hosseini (If you liked Kite Runner you will like this one as well.)
These Is My Words, by Nancy Turner (One of my top 5 books ever- it's not Grisham exciting, but if you like a saga, like Gone With the Wind, you will enjoy this one.)
Sarah's Quilt, by Nancy Turner (Sequel to These Is My Words. Good, entertaining, pretty similar to the first but still worth reading.)
Moon Over Manifest, by Clare Vanderpool (Hmmm, how to describe this one... fun, easy read. Reminded me of something I would have read in jr. high or high school.)
Room, by Emma Donoghue (Not a fluffy light read. But don't let the description scare you. There is no graphic detail of what goes on and the perspective of the narrator (a 5-yr old boy) is amazing. Makes you question what you would do if you were the mother.)
The Road, by Cormac McCarthy (Definitely NOT a fluffy light read. Actually kind of a downer yet I still really liked it. Another one that makes you wonder what you would do if you were the parent in that situation.)
The Glass Castle, by Jeannette Walls (True story. Loved this one. Made me realize how little kids need materialistically to turn out normal and successful.)
3 comments:
I had NO idea "These is my words" had a sequel! I read that a few years back, so I'll have to find the sequel!
Me neither! I will definitely look for the sequel.
I have read (and enjoyed several of the same books. I will now start on the rest of your list. Thanks so much for writing it up...and recommending running tights!
Yay THANKS, while I've read some all on your recommendation, now I can find some more!!! THANK YOU.
Post a Comment