Even though I grew up mostly as a tomboy, my two VERY GIRLY girls are teaching me the fine art of playing Barbies, Polly's, and most recently, the dance party. The dance party is when you turn on any music with a beat and you know, just dance! My girls do it several times daily. Which is fine and we have fun but recently I felt we were lacking some athletics. We needed to ditch the dolls and start playing with some balls! So I reserved a racquetball court at the gym and packed every ball and racquet I could find and spent the afternoon NOT DANCING! It was a blast! And the girls had fun too! We finished the afternoon by soaking in the warmest indoor pool ever and even introduced Payne to the water. He absolutely loved it. I'm not trying to brainwash my kids but just trying to expand their horizons and lead a well-balanced life! (As long as that life includes some sports :) )


1 comment:
Hey! Let them dance! We can't all be soccer stars! ; jk
I love that you got girly girls. My Ella is girly but tough, I'm already breeding her for gymnastics!
Post a Comment