Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011







The day started with a party at Ivy's preschool, then to Romy's school to watch her costume parade, then to the ward trunk-or-treat, finished off with some trick-or-treating with dad in the neighborhood. Favorite children's costume goes to the little boy in Ivy's class who was a hobo, with a face painted beard and a sign that said, "Will work for candy." Favorite adult costume goes to my friend Wendi, who was Flo, from the Progressive Insurance commercials. She nailed it!

I debated how to handle the candypalooza so I tried a new approach this year. I told the girls they could eat WHATEVER THEY WANTED today, no strings attached, and then starting tomorrow, candy was rationed to 2 pieces a day. Romy was in school all day so that limited her consumption but Miss Ivy, woah, she got after it! I counted 4 Kit Kat wrappers, 2 Reese's PNut Butter cups and several half eaten items that she either didn't like or got bored with. She then proceeded to tell Mason and I at dinner that we lied, because she "ate A LOT of candy today and I didn't get sick!" Touche, Ivy, touche.

3 comments:

Niederfam said...

Looks like a HAPPY Halloween indeed. Flo, what a GREAT idea. ;)

I can't wait for Romy's REAL cheerleading days. ;)

Melissa S. said...

Cute costumes!!!! I heard a nutritionist and a dentist say to just get it over with FAST. Let them eat it all then brush/clean teeth well. That way it's not a little sugar on their teeth for a whole month every day. Huh. Makes sense to me, I guess.

Emily said...

Your kids are so adorable! It looks like life is treating you well.