Well after a two year hiatus, the Niederhauser's made their return to the Smithfield Turkey Trot! As far as turkey trots go, the Smithfield Rec Center definitely knows how to do it! The race is very well organized, the course is well-marked, there was an aid station for the 10k, and an official time clock. Even my sister Weeze came to participate. The best part was the sweet raffle prizes after! To list a few: five 16 pound turkeys, a dvd player, MP3 player, smoothies from Smoothie King- yum. I told Weeze that it would be well worth my $14 entry fee ($8 without the shirt but heck, it was a long sleever so for sure I was getting one) if I won a free smoothie from the raffle. Unfortunately luck was not with either of us. Bummer. But thanks to Mason for pulling the girls in the bike trailer while cheering me and the other runners on. Now bring on the turkey!!!
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Welcome Back Trotter!
Well after a two year hiatus, the Niederhauser's made their return to the Smithfield Turkey Trot! As far as turkey trots go, the Smithfield Rec Center definitely knows how to do it! The race is very well organized, the course is well-marked, there was an aid station for the 10k, and an official time clock. Even my sister Weeze came to participate. The best part was the sweet raffle prizes after! To list a few: five 16 pound turkeys, a dvd player, MP3 player, smoothies from Smoothie King- yum. I told Weeze that it would be well worth my $14 entry fee ($8 without the shirt but heck, it was a long sleever so for sure I was getting one) if I won a free smoothie from the raffle. Unfortunately luck was not with either of us. Bummer. But thanks to Mason for pulling the girls in the bike trailer while cheering me and the other runners on. Now bring on the turkey!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Way to go Carrie!! You rock!
Nothing like a good "turkey trot" to get you in the holiday spirit! Way to go Nieders!!!
Sorry about the cell phone Carrie, Addy dropped her binky in a flushing toilet last week- I let it go and I'm waiting for the pipes to burst.
That is so great! I wish I could do something as tuff as that!!
Sounds like a fun race, sorry you weren't very lucky! I wish we could see you this weekend, thanks for leaving as soon as we come!!!!
Carrie, You're so tough, I'm proud of you both. Can't wait until we're down that way and can join the tradition.
Oh, by the way... can you tell Natty to start her own blog? I see she initiated your class of 98 blog but didn't even post yet. I would so love to get more of our USU friends to get a blog so we can keep in contact. (I guess I haven't done very well with making it to the annual or semi annual parties but I miss everyone).
Post a Comment