At about mile 23 of each marathon I've run I have SWORN to myself that I would never run another one. And afterwards I have told Mason, "Don't EVER let me do that again." BUT I KEEP COMING BACK! I have officially registered for the SLC Marathon on April 19. I try to convince myself that this one will be better, that I won't throw up at mile 23-24 (sorry for the detail) and I will actually enjoy the experience. But my reasons for running this time are as follows:
1- I have never run the SLC Marathon.
2- I have a GREAT friend Holly who is the best training partner ever- unlike me, she never flakes out on our morning workouts.
3- I have learned about myself that I need something to train for to get me out of bed; just working out to "get in shape" doesn't do it for me. I need a destination.
4- Deep down I need to prove to myself that I can still do it after having another baby.
5- I know this marathon will be better and I won't throw up at mile 23.
So mercy me, here we go again!
5 comments:
I've known you were crazy ever since you ran the Bear Gutsman (sp?) in High School!! J/K Good luck-can't wait to hear how it goes.
You are so amazing, you go girl!!!!
Good for you! Marathons before kids...anyone can do that! marathons after kids...thats when it counts! I can't wait to hear the details. Wish I was there to have you kick my butt!
nice, dude! keep it up, my goal before i die is to run a marathon. i hope i live a long time because right now, i'm afraid i'd pass out about mile 3.
I have always admired how driven you are and hard working. You'll do great, and I'm so proud of you! Good luck with the training, it sure is time consuming, and with two kids... You inspire me!
Post a Comment