We tried various reasoning techniques, bribery, etc, etc to get her back to her bed and finally just let her be. HOWEVER. THIS ALL CHANGED LAST NIGHT. For whatever reason Mason asked Romy, "Don't you want to sleep in your bed tonight?" The usual response followed, "No, I like the floor, it's actually really comfortable." Right. So Mason persisted. "Rome, your bed is so nice and soft and mommy and daddy spent a lot of money so you would be comfortable. Don't you want to sleep in it?" And this time it registered. Maybe she's a numbers/money gal like her dad, who knows. "Okay daddy, I'll sleep in my bed tonight." And she did! The whole night. I'll do it when I'm good and ready- that's for darn sure.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
I'll Do It When...
I'm good and ready. Ask my mom- that was seriously my motto growing up... and from time to time it still is. Unfortunately my sweet daughter Romy has inherited a bit of that stellar gene too. For the past 3 months or so, she has been sleeping on her floor with one or two blankets and her small decorative pillow with her name on it. Recently she has forgone the pillow altogether and just slept flat on the carpet. It breaks my heart to peek in on her and see her looking so homeless. For a spell she even slept just in her undies. On the floor. With no pillow.
We tried various reasoning techniques, bribery, etc, etc to get her back to her bed and finally just let her be. HOWEVER. THIS ALL CHANGED LAST NIGHT. For whatever reason Mason asked Romy, "Don't you want to sleep in your bed tonight?" The usual response followed, "No, I like the floor, it's actually really comfortable." Right. So Mason persisted. "Rome, your bed is so nice and soft and mommy and daddy spent a lot of money so you would be comfortable. Don't you want to sleep in it?" And this time it registered. Maybe she's a numbers/money gal like her dad, who knows. "Okay daddy, I'll sleep in my bed tonight." And she did! The whole night. I'll do it when I'm good and ready- that's for darn sure.
We tried various reasoning techniques, bribery, etc, etc to get her back to her bed and finally just let her be. HOWEVER. THIS ALL CHANGED LAST NIGHT. For whatever reason Mason asked Romy, "Don't you want to sleep in your bed tonight?" The usual response followed, "No, I like the floor, it's actually really comfortable." Right. So Mason persisted. "Rome, your bed is so nice and soft and mommy and daddy spent a lot of money so you would be comfortable. Don't you want to sleep in it?" And this time it registered. Maybe she's a numbers/money gal like her dad, who knows. "Okay daddy, I'll sleep in my bed tonight." And she did! The whole night. I'll do it when I'm good and ready- that's for darn sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
she MUST be a ### girls, that's so FUNNY.
That's so sweet. It's funny... their reasons for why they do certain things.
Post a Comment