Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey Day

Technically we were with "my" family for the Thanksgiving festivities, so we spent Wednesday and Thursday nights at my parents. 12 adults + 13 grandchildren + 1 tiny poodle = a crazy great time! The festivities began by going for a run with my brother and two sister-in-laws and then a game of flag football, which based on the video below, was more fun for Romy to cheer at than to actually play in. We ate the usual yummy stuff and then later that afternoon the men got their "man on" and went to shoot clay pigeons.


My brothers seemed to enjoy encouraging this cheerleader/princess/so-not-my-mother/where does she get this? PHASE (or so I think it's a phase, because heaven knows I won't know what to do with a 16-year old version of my sweet Ro Ro) and Romy seemed to EAT IT UP. She had a great time playing princess and babies with her cousin Kate, who seemed more than happy to be bossed, I mean played with.



All in all we had a great time and I didn't hate myself for eating too much! I loved chatting with my siblings and in-laws and making fun of each other after the kids had gone to bed. I loved that Romy made connections with her cousins, aunts and uncles and is still talking about the silly things they did. And I am so thankful my parents are around to keep our family glued together.

Ivy finally calling it quits after a weekend of chaos and fun.

5 comments:

Taunya said...

What a great Thanksgiving! It must be so nice to have family close buy.

Mylissa 2 said...

I love the video of Romy! I know I was there and witnessed it in person but that is so funny! I think you are so having a 16 yr old cheerleader who refuses to wear pants when it is cold! It was fun seeing you guys!

Niederfam said...

LOVE the video, she definitely has that "hip" action figured out, doesn't she?? ;)

Brett and Marianne said...

We had a great time, didn't we! I loved being with everyone!

Sue said...

What a fun weekend! I think you have a future Aggie dancer on your hands. ;)