Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Proud Mama

My hope for my kids has always been that they have some sort of a hobby, or SOMETHING they're passionate about. Music, reading, sports, dance, etc. etc., I'm not picky. Just something. If that hobby just happened to be soccer, well, that would just be an added bonus. So when Romy played in her first ever soccer game last night, saying that I was excited is an understatement. She has naturally gravitated to more girly things like dance, dress up and babies so I wondered what she would think of it. As the daughter of a soccer player, she received her first soccer ball on her first birthday and we've been to our fair share of USU and high school games. I'm trying not to blatantly shove it down her throat, but a little encouraging isn't so bad, is it?

Honestly though, she seemed to really enjoy it. She kept a good 10 feet between herself and the pack of kids chasing the ball but did manage to take it away once. Because she worked sooooo hard, she insisted on coming home and getting in the shower afterwards. We had a blast watching her and she's already "stoked" (her words) for the next game. The Fruit-by-the-Foot and CapriSun after the game were also a highlight of the experience.


How do I look Daddy?

5 comments:

Nicole and Andy said...

oh my gosh, this is hilarious!! Are her legs in there under those shin guards? She better have the kind that have ankle padding!! lol! So cute!

Niederfam said...

She will LOVE it, it's in her genetic make up!!!!

Sherry said...

How awesome Carrie!! It is fun to hear about Romy's game. You will have to keep us posted as the season unfolds . . . She could be the next soccer star!

Haguewood Family said...

I hope she feels better for the next game. How could she not be awesome. I mean look at you! :)

TeamDall said...

There's nothing quite like a dream come true. I'm so glad it happened to you, Care.