Thursday, April 9, 2009

What Do You Do When...

It's supposed to be Spring Break but instead it's raining and cold? You have a Read-a-thon! These were my favorite in elementary school so I figured why not give it a try. Romy loved the idea of reading books snuggled on the floor and Ivy loved the idea of eating treats. We turned on the fire and cozied up for some "Na Na Nancy" (Fancy Nancy) as Ivy likes to call it.

4 comments:

Redd family said...

read-a-thons were the best....i think reading was hardly what we did!! :)

Shane, Tori, Konner, Brylee, and Halle said...

I love it! We had a picnic in front of the T.V. in the family room and watched BOLT! SO much fun!

Kristen said...

I totally loved the days of readathon. I have totally tried it with my kids but big shocker...it always is about the snacks.

Niederfam said...

What a GOOD mommy, and a FUN idea, I'll steal that one, although my boys may opt for a different title.