First #1: Yep, you better believe it- you're looking at a classic construction paper Christmas chain. Okay, so it's actually made out of card stock (I never did like touching construction paper. Or the nasty newsprint stuff we had to practice penmanship on). ANYWAY, I loved making these things in grade school and thought Romy would enjoy one as well. After convincing her that they were in fact pieces of a chain and not bracelets we managed to glue it together. Even in my old age the chain makes 22 more days look like FOREVER!!! I haven't been this excited for Christmas since the year of the Cabbage Patch!
And for #2...

Romy's first snow angel! She seriously thought I was the smartest mom ever for knowing how to do this. "Mom, I so proud of you for teaching me this!" At what age do they stop thinking that? I hope not for a long, long time.
8 comments:
That is so cute! I love Romy's snow angel. BJ and Max make chains every year. I didn't realize you had such an aversion to certain papers, that is pretty funny! I'm glad Romy gets the ritzy kind of chain and not some cheap-o construction paper!!!!
That is so fun, and Carrie you are REALLY smart for knowing how to make a snow angel! Don't you love how your kids can make you feel like you are the smartest, cutest mom in the world! They are the best!
Pure brillance!! I have yet to come up with the snow angel idea with my own kids. Being the girly girls they are, I am afraid they would want to accessorize.
"I so proud of you too!" That is too cute....I love it, quite the little angel indeed. And I'm with you the chain thing still seems WAY TOO long......and believe it or not I HATED handwriting papers too---curse d'nelian...or however you spell it.....
Christmas time with kids is so fun!
So do you hate styrofoam? Steve has a horrible aversion to styrafoam cups and plastic spoons scraping it. He also hates touching wooden spoons. Weird?! I'll have to ask him about the paper thing. :)
Glad to know that you love Cabbage Patch Kids as much as I do! I hope Christmas comes soon!
I love your posts. You always make me laugh, and we totally made a christmas link chain the other night. The kids love it!
Hey, our address is
1310 E. 1550 N.
N. Logan, UT 84341
I would love to get together with you and nat and let the kids play and us mamas play too! Talk to you soon. P.S. will you e mail me your address too? my e mail is amycragun@yahoo.com
Thanks carrie!
I can't remember if I already e-mailed you this....mommy brain...my address is 6190 W. Wikieup Ln. Glendale, AZ 85308 your girls are adorable!!
Post a Comment