Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Balentines Day

Happy Balentines Day from Romy to you! Because it is the day of lovey-lovey, I thought I would participate in a "Significant Other" tag. This is my Valentines tribute to Mason:

His Name: Mason B. Niederhauser
How long have you been married? 8 blissful years in July. Longest 8 years of his life!
How long did you date? We dated for a year and then engaged for 7 months on top of that. Just so that I could be 20 (by 4 days) and not a teen bride. Now when someone asks, "How old were you when you got married?" I proudly say "20." Sounds so much better than 19, don't you think?
How old is he? Just turned 33. He's 5 1/2 years older than me. Ya think my parents were a little nervous when I was 18 dating a 24 year old? Um, yeah.
Who eats more? I do for sure! And when I'm pregnant I can almost eat him too! He is a very SLOW eater, which I have learned to become as well. It's no fun watching someone finish their food meal after meal.
Who said I love you first? I'm sure it was him. I'm too stubborn to say it first. He's still the first to say it.
Who is taller? Mason, by a good 4-5 inches.
Who sings better? Mason was a chaperone to the Laytones, so he thinks he is by association. I sing a great rendition of "Twinkle, Twinkle" that always has the girls beggin' for more. We are both very average.
Who is smarter? Mason is. And he would be the first to tell you that.
Whose temper is worse? Over the long term, mine is, definitely. But he has what some may call a "short fuse"- not in a hot-head sort of way, but certain little things may set him off quickly. He recovers quicker than I do.
Who does the laundry? Moi. Despite my best efforts to turn things pink or mini-size them it is still my baby.
Who does the dishes? Me again. He is good to put his dirty ones in the dishwasher but I end up rearranging them to my liking anyway... shhhhh, don't tell him that!
Who pays the bills? He is an accountant at heart. Spreadsheets make him happy. Financial statements make him happy. Numbers make his bum hum. Which is all fine by me. I do pay one bill, the utility bill (not quite sure why, but it's the least I can do).
Who mows the lawn? Definitely him. I grew up with 3 older brothers and I can honestly say I have NEVER mowed the lawn. And probably never will. The grass is his domain- flower beds, pots, etc. are mine. And let me tell you, he mows a mean lawn. Yeah baby!
Who cooks? I do, from time to time.
Who drives when you are together? Mason. According to him, everyone is out to get us when I drive. I don't mind being chauffeured.
Who is more stubborn? Whoa. Me for sure. We once slept with the light on for half the night because he was the last to bed and closest to the switch but for some reason didn't turn it out. And neither did I. I guess we were both being 12 years old again. Stubborn as a mule is a common phrase around here.
Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Mason is never wrong, so it must be me! I am so brainwashed...
Whose parents do you see the most? Fortunately our parents live 6 minutes apart, so we are able to see a fair share of both.
Who proposed? He did. New Years Eve 2000.
Who has more friends? That's kind of a toss up. The longer we live where we do, the more "couple" friends we have, so I'd say it's pretty equal.
Who has more siblings? I do. 3 older brothers and a younger sis. He has 3 younger brothers.
Who wears the pants in the family? We take turns. Honestly we do. Big purchases or decisions are never made without consulting the other. It works for us.

There you have it! And to top it off, these came to my door last night with this message attached: "This is so you can stop saying, 'He only sent me flowers when we were dating.' " Ahh, tulips, my favorite. Thanks M.

7 comments:

Niki said...

That was sweet Car! Oh and I tagged you check out my blog!

Niederfam said...

Good work Mase!!! BEAUTIFUL flowers, and nice tribute Care, LOVED it!!! Ahh...isn't love grand??? ;)

hmilne said...

You guys crack me up! Beautiful flowers! Still waiting for mine HMMMMMMM...could be waiting a while:)

Mylissa 2 said...

That was pretty funny to read. My favorite part was the light on for half the night, I can see that happening!!!

Haguewood Family said...

Care Bear,
I think one of the questions should be who dances better...Love the light too. You guys are a perfect match.

The Quist Family said...

So cute! Tulips are my favs too!!

Anonymous said...

So fun to learn all this stuff about you!! I didn't realize we are so much a like :)