Sunday, February 17, 2008

Potpourri

Well it was a good weekend for us Nieders. We had a little Carrie and Mason time, some productive time, and some good chillin' on the couch time too. Rome and I made it through all of church (she LOVES sacrament meeting- crazy!) and I cooked us up a tasty pork roast. When Mason caught wind I was cooking he asked, "Who's coming for dinner?" Just you sweetie. He seems to think I only pull out all the stops when I've invited company. Unfortunately there is some truth to it!

This 6 interesting things about yourself tag seems to be going around, and thanks to my friend Niki (I love your new background by the way) I am compelled to participate. Here goes:

1- When shopping, I NEVER buy what I try on. I go back to the rack and find one that I hope hasn't been tried on and isn't all stretched out. In the case that there is not another in my size, I will grudgingly purchase the tried-on one.

2- Back when I was a brace-face, my orthodontist pulled one of my teeth- one of the canines in the front and it never came back, which left me in a little bit of a predicament. I am still missing that tooth, but thanks to modern dentistry, things look pretty normal and only those who know can tell something's a little screwy.

3- Another weird body issue- I have a pretty bad lazy eye when I get tired. I never knew this until one late night while Mason and I were dating he realized one eye was looking at him and the other was looking out the window.

4- I like the smell of gasoline, coffee and anything vanilla. And no, I did not sniff glue in elementary school.

5- Speaking of elementary school, I was the Sam Morgan Elementary school spelling bee champion in 6th grade and got to participate in the district spelling bee. I appreciate a good speller!

6- I am a devout follower of current events. I love to read the newspaper, watch the news, and check out news internet sites as well. Maybe it's my Political Science background. Who knows. Though I may not always form an opinion on things, my concern for world/national/state events is always there.

So there you go- I am SO interesting. Now it's your turn. But I'm adding a twist: come up with 6 interesting things about yourself, one of which IS NOT TRUE, and those reading will have to figure out which one it is. Have fun- I tag Meppen, melhales, Nat (if you have 2.4 seconds to do it) and Amy P.


CHEEZE!!! Can you tell which tooth is missing?

3 comments:

Niki said...

I am laughing dang hard right now!! Thanks for playing! And no I cannot tell the tooth is missing!

Mylissa 2 said...

Thanks again Carrie for another tag. It will take me awhile to come up with 6 things about myself!!!! I love how much you are loving your camera on the computer, the picture is darling!!!

Niederfam said...

NICE!!!! No guess on the tooth....beautiful smile...........:) And now that my computer is working if I'm the "nat" you tagged, I'll see if I can make some fun stuff up!!!