Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ogden's Harvest Moon Celebration

Saturday afternoon we met the Nieder's in Ogden for the annual "Harvest Moon Celebration" complete with food vendors, craft booths, live music, and a crazy lady with a snake wrapped around her neck. In addition to the booths and such, there was a downtown criterium (bike race) for serious cyclists in which Mason's bro P raced in. Afterwards they hosted a kids race which we had been hyping up to Romy and her cousin Mitt all week. They were so excited!!!



The cyclists... R and Mitt. Mitt was telling everyone he knew about his bike race Saturday and Romy said, "I'm going to need some Gatorade... and some fruit snacks." She wanted a real bike jersey but her Cinderella costume had to suffice.




Crossing the finish line. I think it so great for kids to see their parents doing good things, whether it be physical activities, service projects, church callings, etc, it's good for them to see you do it. And even better if they get to participate too!

7 comments:

Niki said...

That looks like fun, I have never heard of it!

Niederfam said...

Amen!!! But I missed the craZy lady with a snake.....:) Dang. Next year......;)

Mylissa 2 said...

I love the outfit. Romy and Mitt look so cute!! What a fun activity.

Haguewood Family said...

That is so funny. I bet Romy and Mitt loved that. Good idea to have her wear the princess top. I saw a little jersey at Bikers Edge that I wanted to buy for the girls. I decided not too since they were as much as mine :)

Mortimer Family said...

She's following in your footsteps...who better to follow? I love the Cinderella top too!

Ann said...

Glad we found your blog. Now we can keep up on what's going on with your family! If you want to check out our blog we're at: kreesefamily.blogspot.com

Sue said...

I think you have a future bike racer on your hands!