Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Our Last Hurrah

So I think we finally hit the end of the toothpaste/summer... and we did it in style. We spent the entire day at "The Goon" as Romy likes to call it and really had a great time. Mase and I gave each other a little pep talk the night before that went something like this:
C: Okay, tomorrow is going to be a very hot day and like the busiest day of the year at Lagoon. So, we HAVE to bring our good attitudes. (I know, call me Tony Robbins, motivational speaker)
M: Well, what else would I bring?
C: Um, that bad attitude that seems to rear its ugly head when you're dealt with lots of people and onery, tired and hungry kids.
M: Dude, don't worry. We'll be fine.

And we were! I also rode WICKED, which was awesome. Even though I screamed liked the 8-year old little girl sitting next to me.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We haven't made it to Lagoon yet. Too much more going on. Maybe during Frightmares...or maybe not, we'll see.

Romy just looks to little to go to school. She's such a cutie!! It's hard sending your babies away for someone else to take care of & I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it doesn't get any easier :{

Mortimer Family said...

You're supposed to scream! That's what let's out all of the tension...very normal, I promise. :)
Glad you had a good time, and you will appreciate that Romy is so independent and ready to go out...even though it hurts a little.

Nicole and Andy said...

Can you imagine going to Lagoon-or any other crowd place with 5 kids like our parents did?! lol, No wonder Dad enjoys being a grampa so much-he's not the one in charge.

Mylissa 2 said...

Lucky! We wanted to take the kids to lagoon but just never did it.

Emilee said...

Awesome!Oh my gosh i would totally love to go to to that and to go on that ride!Hope you had fun!


Emilee Mortimer