Monday, June 23, 2008
Team Strong Women, Strong Men
Argh! I'm flexing my muscles right now! The 2008 Wasatch Back Relay is officially over and my Team Strong Women, Strong Men ended up crossing the finish line in 25 hours and 5 minutes, 54th out of 545 teams. We were a mix of family, co-workers, friends of co-workers and friends in general. And due to a last minute injury, we only had 11 team members! There were plenty of laughs (mostly at the guy running up to Snowbasin in his tighty whities), plenty of sweaty runners in vans, and not near enough sleep!
The comic relief.
Giving my brother Chad some water as he climbs to Snowbasin.
The van clock says 4:30 am. I had officially been up for 24 hours at that point. Ooof.
My van at the top of the mountain between Park City and Heber.
Finish line in Park City.
Team Strong Women, Strong Men.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Way to run Carrie, would you recommend doing this race?
Wow, 25 hours, that is awesome!! You guys were fast! It is for sure exhausting but fun!
Awesome!! Good job!
VERY COOL!!!!
Way to go! You were still all smiles at the end so it couldn't have been that bad :) Great job Care!
Wow! Why haven't I heard of this race before! It looks amazingly hard, but incredibly cool. I might have to think about doing this sometime. Would you reccomend it?
Your Chicago trip looked awesome too! What fun.
Looks like it was fun! I bet it was beautiful...so glad you had a good time. You go nonstop, don't you?
Post a Comment