I entered a new world today folks... the world of tutu's, tights and leotards. And let me tell you, I have no idea what I'm doing. As Romy and I sat in the front office of Tueller's School of Dance readily anticipating her first dance class, little pink frou frou after little pink frou frou came walking in, dance bags propped on their shoulders. Frouffy bows in their hair, frouffy leotards, tutu's, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, etc, etc. and poor Romy was in her BLACK leotard with hot pink gymnastic shorts- and socks. No pink ballet shoes and no tap shoes. Guess I didn't get that memo at registration. Romy's eyes got as big as puddles as she watched them and as she looked at all the "dancing girlas" pictures on the wall. I could almost see her brain thinking, "Is there really places like this where all that happens is leotards and dancing?" Yes sweetie, and YOU get to be a part of it!
I stayed in the waiting room throughout the class, periodically peeking in and seriously, I almost started crying when I saw the pure joy she was experiencing. She listened attentively and did her very best to copy what the teachers were doing. SHE LOVED IT. SO MUCH. I may be an idiot when it comes to the whole dance-scene, but I do know that right now it makes my little Ro-Ro so happy. So that's what we'll be doing... for as long as it puts a smile on her face, and as long as Mason remains gainfully employed. There is a glimmer of hope though for this sports-minded mama. She has loved watching the "Olym-kits," especially the gymnasts and the beach volleyball players. However, based on her third percentile weight and height, I think dancing may be more her thing...

Needless to say, after class we went directly to Payless for new ballet and tap shoes and to Shopko for the leo's.
11 comments:
How exciting! I hope Britain can enter the world of ballet slash gymnastics in the near future. Knowing that Romy loved it so much, maybe I will have to move it up the list of priorities. She looks so cute in her leotard.
She is such a girly-girl.(so cute) I can understand your awkwardness while there was nothing but a pink blur. Hope she has a good time, it's nice when they find something that makes them happy. That way, you're happy too!
Welcome to the money sucking black hole of dance lessons!! Just kidding (kind of). What we won't do to make little girls happy right?
You are such a good story teller! I love reading your blog! That's great to help her with what she's good at, even though it's not your love!
I can't wait to see a show. Will she perform for us?! My sisters went to that dance school. Not me though I was more into the gymnastic scene.
OH, seriously I LOVE that. I HOPE I get one to play dress up with someday!!!!! :) PLEASE PLEASE invite us to her first recital???? :)
Welcome, Welcome. Such is my life. We are pretty girly around here and were more than excited to start our second year of dance a couple of weeks ago. As for me, I bought Maren and my FIRST pair of cleats (spelling?), shin guards and a #3 soccer ball today. Totally have no idea what to do with it all and I hope I got the right stuff. We are on the count down to soccer. Nate is just over the moon excited and so am I. All we know is that her cleats are an adorable pink and black. Any pointers?
Way to go Romy! I too attended Tueller School of dance...unfortunately, I failed and took up running. I know your dancing career will be better than mine!
I am so glad she loved it! She will eat it up I am sure just like my girls. You just wait until the revue.. Mason will be in tears!
She's so cute and I can imagine you in the waiting room. You're a cute mom.
I loved dancing when I was little. She's such a girly girl, she would be so fun to watch. Good luck Romy!!
Post a Comment