Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inhale, Exhale

It's the time of year, when you go outside at 1pm and the thermometer reads 11 degrees, and the INVERSION is so thick that you can't see the neighbors across the road, that I start to wish I was 75 years old and driving my Cadillac to my "Winter Home" in St. George. It's quite depressing. The sun shines but you feel no warmth from it and you begin to think you're a frozen chicken breast trapped in someone's basement deep freeze. Which is exactly why both Mason and I were so dang excited to spend a couple of days down south, where the air was clean and the weather was a balmy 59 degrees! It felt like summer! I ran the half marathon in my shorts, long sleeve shirt and some gloves and it felt awesome. I ended up feeling a lot better than I thought I would, which NEVER happens when I race but a nice surprise none the less. Afterwards the St. George Day Spa treated me right with a massage and pedicure, which is highly recommended after running, BUT... makes for an expensive race day!


Trying to stay warm at the starting line.


This was interesting... this lady had duct taped hand warmers to the OUTSIDE of her shoes, to keep her toes warm... can't say I've ever thought of that. If you look closely at the first picture you can see two other people checking them out and thinking, "What the?"


Always a highlight of going to St. George... visiting my 92-year old grandpa. Doesn't he look great???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous you got to see G'pa. He does look so amazing!! What a wonderful man!!

Haguewood Family said...

Warmers taped to shoes...hmmm...where else could we tape warmers? That lady obviously never runs up here!

Taunya said...

Another race for you..you are amazing. Sounds like so much fun!

Kris said...

OK, so I actually could have used that idea for duct-taped shoes this morning at ONE stinkin' degree! It was one of those days when you wish your shoes wouldn't "breathe" quite so well!
We're thinking about the Ogden half...