
Have you ever imagined a certain scenario in your head over and over and gotten excited just thinking about when it may actually come true? Well after last months DNF at the Salt Lake Marathon, I began to envision my own scenario. I imagined secretly running the Ogden Marathon, feeling great, finishing it, redeeming myself, qualifying for Boston, and then calling H2 and saying, "Um, guess what? Book your tickets we're going to Boston!" I've been thinking about it for almost a month now.
Not being satisfied with my Salt Lake race, I figured I'd give it another shot. And I really wanted to go to Boston with H2. I registered for Ogden a week after SL, contacted a sports nutritionist to help with my stomach issues, and continued training. I began implementing what the nutritionist said and was feeling confident about the marathon. And I did feel pretty good throughout the race, minus my usual stomach issues and two stops along the side of the road. Needless to say, I didn't qualify, but I did finish, and instead of my phone call to H2 saying, "Um, guess what?" it was "um, I have a confession..."
10 comments:
Carrie can I just tell you that you are amazing! The fact that you can even run like that is awesome you have to remember you have done something multiple times that most people will never even do 1 in there lifetime!!
Seriously "Jenny" is dead on, it's true, you've run way more than most people EVER will! I think you are AMAZING for trying and I know you'll try again too!!! I'm sorry the scenario wasn't quite what you envisioned, mine usually aren't either! DANG IT!!!! I just can't believe you kept it a SECRET!!!
You finished another marathon.....that is incredible in and of itself!
I think that you are motivated and determined and inspiring...no matter what the outcome is, you really are an incredible person.
Will you stop? You make me look really bad and I feel a little sick to my stomach every time I hear of you running a marathon -- ha ha!
Carrie...you are amazing! Nice work. I would have burned my running shoes after the other one and look at you, go and finish one? No wonder I was scared of you:>
PS I think you need to come to Clearfield on a Tues or Thurs...there is a pink team that could really use your help!
You rock! Can I please have just a small portion of your motivation? Thanks!
Man you are a good secret keeper! I can't believe you pulled that off. I hope you plan to run another marathon and qualify for Boston cause I don't want to go without you!!!
WHAT!!!! Carrie I love reading about your secrets on the internet, have anymore! You are one crazy chic! Good job running the marathon, if you would have told us we might have come to cheer you on!!!!!
You are amazing!!!! Best of luck with the rest of your races this summer. They sound like fun!
Post a Comment