Relieved YW after hiking the Wind Caves in Logan Canyon.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Steadfast and Immovable
After spending a few days with the Young Women of the Smithfield 6th Ward, I really believe in the mutual theme for 2008, "Steadfast and Immovable." I was completely shocked to hear some of the things these kids are faced with everyday at school and amazed at their strength to stay good. At the same time though, I believe that kids today have come stronger and better equipped to handle what's dished out to them. The challenge is getting THEM to realize this. I'm grateful for the time I have to serve with them... however... home-schooling my girls is looking better and better each day!!!

Relieved YW after hiking the Wind Caves in Logan Canyon.
Relieved YW after hiking the Wind Caves in Logan Canyon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nice to have you back, I'm sure your girls and Mase were THRILLED too!!! :) Well said, I agree, and I KNOW, it's a scary world out there!!!
I agree with your home-schooling comment. My kids know so much more than I did at their age, and not about the things that are good. It really does start in the home, but the leaders and friends of these girls make a big difference!
Lets start up a neighborhood school. You be the teacher and I will cover PE. Camp was a blast. I am so glad we are in the YW together!
Post a Comment