Sunday, July 20, 2008

What I've Learned in 10 Years

Well I survived my 10-year reunion and when it was all said and done, it was a lot more fun than I had anticipated. Really. We were fortunate to have elected three stellar FEMALE class officers who did a magnificent job with the event. It was great to see everyone's "mini-me's" at the family function and then fun to really chat at the adults-only dinner. Even my Layton Lancer hubby managed to have a good time. Someone (no one could remember who or when or where we wrote them) had the foresight to have us write letters to ourselves only to be opened at our 10-year reunion. Dated May 29, 1998 I wrote, "Hopefully you've kept in touch with your good friends and are doing good things in your life. Here are some goals that you had: graduate from college, serve a mission, intern at the FBI (huh? I was totally into spy and espionage stuff!), run a marathon and marry in the temple. Did you accomplish them?" Uh, unfortunately no mission or internship at the FBI but 3 out of 5 ain't bad! What's really scary is to think that I will have a teenager at the 20-year mark. And I'll be approaching 40. Oh my gosh, now that's old!

A few of the Davis soccer girls- me, Paige Hill, Lauren Brower, Jess Ridd, Kara Agresta, Niki Martineau, April Stettler

8 comments:

Mortimer Family said...

How fun to have letters from way back when! That's a great idea. I remember my 10th...unfortunately it wasn't better than I anticipated. It was actually disappointing to see how little some people had changed. Oh well, at least I enjoyed high school while I was there, because I'm not sure I'd ever want to go back to school with most of those people! Glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute, last month you told me that 40 is the new 30. It's different when it's youself, huh?? J/K. I'm glad you had a good time. I didn't make my 10 year (which was 2 years ago), but I wish I would have.

Anonymous said...

So fun to see the picture of all the soccer girls! I'd love to get together with all of you someday!!

Wes and Jess said...

That was a fun reunion and cute pic! It's always fun to see us together in a picture w/out ponytails and shin guards. It was great catching up with ya!

Mylissa 2 said...

Fun to get to see old friends. I missed mine because of girls camp, but I would have had to go by myself, (someone's brother does not support those kind of things). Good for Mason for going with you! Cute picture!

Ashley said...

It was a fun night and you looked so great! I love the picture!! Are we really going to be that OLD on the next one...SCARY!

Brett and Marianne said...

I'm glad you had a good time! It is fun to see old friends and remember...and then be glad you are where you are now!

Niederfam said...

Oh man, I totally forgot about that, SORRY. I'll have to call again, to get all the details, and NICE......3 out of 5 ain't bad at all, I'm sure SOMEDAY you can add a mission to your list too, and who know's maybe you will be a spy too!!!!